Arguments against systemd
- Local copy of boycottsystemd.org archive
- EWONTFIX - Broken by design: systemd
- EWONTFIX - Systemd has 6 service startup notification types, and they're all wrong
- Patrick's playground - Systemd propaganda: It's a crap!
- Top 5 systemd troubles - a strategic view for distros
- Systemd? More like Shit-stemd
- "...There are several problems with systemd unrelated to code quality..."
- Systemd: The Biggest Fallacies
- systemd: Assumptions, Bullying, Consent
- Open letter to the Linux World
- systemd Or Poettering, Name Your Poison
- Combatting revisionist history
- Ts’o and Linus And The Impotent Rage Against systemd
- A realization that I recently came to while discussing the whole systemd controversy...
- systemd vault - Everything you need to fully understand the systemd problem
Breaking promises and immaturity
"After udev is merged into the systemd tree you can still build it for usage outside of systemd systems, and we will support these builds officially. In fact, we will be supporting this for a long time"
- systemd assimilates udev
- systemd takes over logging (and as if that wasn't bad enough, it uses a binary format)
- Systemd Gains IP Forwarding, IP Masquerading & Basic Firewall Controls
- Gummiboot UEFI Boot Loader To Be Added To Systemd
- DNS cache
- web server
- Unchecked null pointer dereferencing in PID 1, not considered a serious issue
- Screen locking issues (including a security issue) with gnome-shell that remained unfixed for over a year
- PID 1 segfaulting on upgrade; journalctl usability issue; another page about this
- "Tried to boot my laptop from a cafe..."
- Systemd Prevents the Skipping of fsck while Booting
- systemd Disables the Linux Magic SysRq Key
With the scope creep come new vulnerabilities
Evil by design
Debunking the myth of unit files being significantly shorter than scripts used by all other init systems: A side-by-side look at run scripts and service units