Linux distributions without systemd/unlisted
Distributions not listed on Linux distributions without systemd due to EOL / dormant status / Other
- Arch OpenRC discontinued "The project has been deprecated. This and Manjaro-OpenRC have merged into Artix Linux", see Distros#Artix Linux
- CeroWrt discontinued "Since all development on CeroWrt stopped in July 2014, we recommend you use a supported build from either OpenWrt or the LEDE Project.", see Distros#OpenWrt
- Damn Small LinuxDW discontinued last release 2012
- Debian GNU/kFreeBSD discontinued Wikipedia:Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, 
- Devil-LinuxDW discontinued 
- IPCop FirewallDW i486 (no mailinglist activity: https://sourceforge.net/p/ipcop/mailman/ )
- LiMux abandoned ~~ 404 not found ~~ the Linux distributon used by the city of Munich.
- Openwall GNU/Linux (Owl) ~~ defunct? (no mailinglist activiy since 2016) ~~ i586, i686, x86_64 (files last uploaded to ibiblio in Feb 2017)
- Overclockix dw (architecture: i386, x86_64) based on Debian 7; Project forum: @overclockers.com (latest release: 2015)
- Manjaro OpenRC ~~ discontinued (per sf.net page) ~~ Forum Wiki -----} see Linux distributions#Artix Linux
- Mepis is several years defunct. Its 2 descendants ("MX Linux" and "antiX Linux") are listed on mainPage here
- Musix GNU/Linux ~~ EOL ~~ musixdistro.wordpress.com (based on Debian 7) Latest release: 2014
- RLSD ~~ unavailable ~~ (http://rlsd3.dimakrasner.com/repo Across repeated attempts, "repo" is unavilable) x86, x86_64
- Simplicity Linux defunct(based on Puppy Linux) LXDE desktop; SysVinit. Supported architectures: i386
- sta.li (2)(3)(musl libc) x86_64, armhf. Since Feb 2018, the "sta.li" site returns "403 Forbidden" and link is now absent from suckless wikipedia.org/wiki/Suckless.org page
unconfirmed / unmaintained rolling
- DeLi(cate) Linux
(legacy hardware) linux kernel 2.4 ...forum is unmaintained, overrun with spamdefunct
geared toward users engaged in multimedia production ~~ based on EOL debian "wheezy"defunct
- Elive Linux (2)(3)(aka Enlightenment live CD) sysV init; Enlightenment WM; i486 ~~ 2018-12-23 release still based on EOL debian "wheezy"
- Free of Boxes
live-only image (based on Debian 9) XFCE desktop; subsequent to isos posted to sourceforge in 2017, no further activitydefunct
- GNUinos a Libre distribution; openbox wm; amd64, i686 (based on Devuan) project page disclaims: "current state of Gnuinos is ALPHA2 meaning not ready for production")
- Kwort Linux
(based on CRUX) BSD-style initscripts; downloads page is 403Forbidden; no groups.google..#!topic/kwort-linux mailing list activitydefunct
- TRIOS Mia OpenRC/ZFS
rolling release; (based on Debian Jessie) OpenRC init; project's foss.rs site is gonedefunct
- Vine Linux (Jan2018 release of a longstanding Japanese-centric project, currently listed on MainPage) init: upstart (ref: "Maintain upstart, move to eudev (Measures until future systemd transition")
current / latest release uses systemd
- Amazon Linux AMI ~~ ref: aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-2/faqs/ ~~ version 2 now includes systemd service and systems manager
- ArchBang (current release uses systemd init) openbox WM, uses JACK instead of PulseAudio
- Endian Firewall (EFW Community Edition) based on RHEL. Is the new EFWCommunity release systemd-free?
- OpenELEC ("OpenELEC 4.0 switched its init system to systemd")
- Linux Mint Debian Edition version 3 uses systemd, version 2(EOL 2019-01-01) uses SysV
- SystemRescueCd (system rescue disk, previously built on Gentoo/OpenRC, rebased on Arch Linux/systemd in version 6.0.0, after which it no longer fits on a CD)
alpha status projects / respin projects
A "respin" announced via forum thread, with no freestanding website, no self-maintained repository (or an unsupported iso uploaded to sourceforge) is unrecognizable as a serious project, let alone a distinct "Operating System".
- Alien-OS MNML
(based on Devuan) Live CD; openbox WM ~~ no docs, no support contact, no activity since the 2017 announcement
- Alfheim Linux
(based on Arch Linux) OpenRC init, Openbox; beta status (not yet viable) as of Jan 2018... nor 2019defunct
- ArchivistaBox AVMultimedia
(based on Devuan) RAM-based Linux distribution for managing digital content. No activity since Feb 2018defunct
- CloverOS (a Stage 4 Gentoo overlay) OpenRC; FVWM or, at boot, install and load any DE/WM via ~/.bash_profile
- CROWZ (based on Devuan) Fluxbox, Openbox, JWM ref:no end user support, just respin isos posted to sourceforge.net
- FigOS (aka Refractapup)
(based on Refracta) ~~ no end user support, no activity after posting iso image to archive.org in 2016defunct
- GaryOS (2) Based on Funtoo/Gentoo; x86 platforms (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Good Life Linux
(based on Devuan) ~~ respin isos posted to sourceforge; No end user support/discussion. No activity since 2017defunct
project with multiple niche releases, highlighting various lesser-known window managers. Last seen 2017;domain expired.defunct
- Lombix SysV init; LFS source compiled; eack pkg in its own directory (not FHS); no initramfs, no PAM; fluxbox wm
(based on Devuan) Openbox or i3 window manager; no end user supportdefunct
(based on Devuan) Openbox, XFCE, or MATE desktop. No response to support inquiries during past yeardefunct
(based on Debian 8 "Jessie") OpenRC; openbox wm. An interesting respin, but not recognizable as a distinct "FOSS operating system"defunct
- Star Linux (based on Devuan) ships XFCE, Fluxbox, Openbox, Jwm, i3. ref: ~~ no dev contact info, no end user support, just iso images posted to sourceforge.
- VeGNUli (2)(3) forum(based on Devuan) the 1.X series uses sysV init
self-described as "just a project"
- PrRescue (Gentoo-based) rescue cd supporting nilfs2 and btrfs; architectures: i686, amd64 ref: "prrescue was created in my spare time for my own use !"
- Spark Linux (sinit init) Arch Linux without systemd, to be appended into existing pacman; no ISO distro available. ref: "a personal project made to fit my personal tastes. I do not promise to provide support to you."
- Vuu-Do Linux (based on Devuan) Openbox or MATE desktop its dev has stated: "Vuu-do is not a distro. It is a project, a user re-spin. It is not really suitable to be widely distributed"